An ethos of mutual respect leading to:
- Self-respect and healthy self esteem
- Active listening and clear communication
- Children who respect and co-operate with each other, the staff and members of the community
- Understanding and respect of the environment
- Understanding and respect of differences and celebrating individuality
- A genuine commitment to equality
Life long learners who aim for excellence:
- Fostering a love of learning
- Building a growth mindset
- Developing core skills which can be used and applied in the real world
- Having the confidence to accept mistakes as a vital part of the learning process
- Exploring emerging talents, spiritual beliefs and creativity
- Developing the skills to be both independent and collaborative learners
- Preparing for the next stage in learning.
Strong leaders of learning:
- Facilitating change through creative professional development
- Supporting excellence and inspiring others
- Distributing leadership throughout the staff team
- Nurturing talent in all areas of the curriculum
- Challenging performance to secure good progress for all.
Excellent teaching that meets the needs of all learners:
- Inspiring learners and bringing learning to life
- Facilitating creative learning experiences
- Drawing on strong subject knowledge and excellent assessment of pupil’s needs to inform next steps in learning
- Supporting and challenging all
- Supporting different modes of learning and the changing needs of our pupils.
A bright and vibrant space that supports learning:
- Ensuring all pupils are safe and secure
- Adaptive to the varying needs of the curriculum
- Reflective of the modern world, including technological advances
- That incorporates a wide range of art and culture
- Supporting outdoor learning opportunities.
A highly respected hub working in partnership with the community
- Fostering excellent partnerships with parents and carers
- Building strong links with Patcham Infant school and Patcham High School, as well as other local schools and community groups
- Maintaining the high profile and reputation of the school
- Developing relationships with other organisations to deepen the learning experiences of our children
- Drawing on local expertise to support learning
- Developing a sense of good citizenship in our diverse world.